Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Don't let the rain get you down

I know I have been concentrating on the rain too much.  Let's look on the brighter side of all this rain.  The Sweet Williams are doing wonderful, the little plants Erika started last summer are gorgeous.  The hostas are coming along too and I am baiting for slugs and snails so they won't look like Swiss Cheese.  The columbine love deep watering and I am expecting another great year of beauties here.  Hydrangeas are looking really good with new shoots everywhere.  The mint is starting to peak out and take off.  My vegetable beds are ready to plant I will start with some broccoli, radish, carrot, onion and spinach. 

Buckets of Flowers from last year
I am really looking forward to the Clatsop County Master Gardener Spring Seminar this usually gets me in the mood for the rest of the year. 

I did order plugs of statice, rudbeckia, larkspur, carnations and Sweet Williams.  Looking forward to when they come.  I am hoping for a sunny spot today so I can start my Batchlor's Buttons, Bells of Ireland, Zinnias and maybe some Scabosia.

No comments :

Post a Comment